Content Management Systems – WordPress CMS Websites
A content management system (CMS) is a computer system application that permits publishing, editing and customizing content, organizing, erasing in addition to maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management offer treatments to handle workflow in a collaborative environment. These treatments can be manual steps or an automated cascade. CMSs have been offered considering that the late 1990s.
CMSs are often utilized to run web sites including blogs, news, and shopping. Lots of corporate and advertising web sites make use of CMSs. CMSs generally intend to stay clear of the need for hand coding, but may support it for certain aspects or entire pages.
WordPress is the best known CMS website authoring platform that can has created beautiful blogs initially and more recently many websites. The WordPress platform comes free of charge.
So what can WordPress do for you?
For business owners, their website is an important part of the business. WordPress allows the owner, and delegated team members, to easily create, update and manage their web presence on any Internet web browser – Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera etc.
- WordPress is built by volunteers.
- Hundreds of people from all over the world are developing and improving WordPress every day to improve both its functionality and security.
- As with any web authoring program, WordPress can deliver your content online to visitors worldwide.
- More than 60 million installations of WordPress worldwide so far.
- 15% of websites worldwide are powered by WordPress.
- > 50% of all sites that use a content management system are powered by WordPress.
- WordPress has been translated and localized into over 73 languages.
- There is virtually no limit to what you can build using WordPress. The WordPress repository currently makes available thousands of free plugins, themes and widgets to WordPress users.
WordPress – Capabilities and Benefits
Benefits of WordPress
1. It’s Free! – WordPress can be downloaded at WordPress.org at absolutely no cost!
You can have free hosting at WordPress.com. but this option lacks the flexibility of your own hosting and will limit some of the things you can or may want to do with your web presence – such as having your own domain.
We highly recommend that you host your WordPress site using your own domain.
We can set up your WordPress website built quickly and professionally to your own requirements and we even provide you with step-by-step guides that will help you use it according to your needs.
2. Lots Of Great Training Available
WordPress offers many high quality tutorials online in articles and video formats.
3. Super Easy Installation – Two things you need for a website are a domain name and webhosting.
4. Website Themes – A theme is basically a web design template which controls the look and feel of your site.
There are thousands of free themes to choose from or you can also purchase themes which can be installed on WordPress with just a few mouse clicks.
A great thing about WordPress is that you can change your theme and your blog posts or pages will still be there.
5. Functionality – WordPress users benefit from the availability of thousands of WordPress plugins that offer you just about every functionality you could wish for.
There are thousands of them that can be easily installed with just a few clicks.
- You can track site visits.
- Fight spam.
- Create contact forms.
- Improve your site security.
Most plugins are free.
6. Self updating – WordPress includes a feature that notifies you if upgrades are available for either the WordPress software or your plug-ins.
Usually, all you need to do is click for the upgrades to be installed automatically.
7. Search engine power – WordPress makes it easy to optimise the coding of your website for search engine optimization. For example, with the All in One SEO plugin, you can see at a glance if your webpages have appropriate page titles and descriptions.
There is, however, more to SEO than on-page optimisation. Certainly, you need your target keywords in the page title tag and H1 and H2 tags.
Do not be misled into believing that with on-page optimisation alone you can achieve top page positioning for any keyword you choose.
Positioning on a search engine like Google, depends more on the quality and quantity of incoming links from other websites to your webpages.
We have expertise in Search Engine Optimisation and achieving top page positioning on Google.